Note: Hi, mates! Just a a fast reminder – a few of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a bit of money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something additional, and is a pleasant approach to assist help this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
I promised myself that I’d wait a bit of longer earlier than going loopy with pumpkin spice recipes, and but right here we’re… At the identical time, the air the place I’m is cool and crisp and it simply feels proper to comply with my coronary heart (and my style buds) and make these vegan keto pumpkin spice protein waffles. This is one other a kind of recipes that I make for myself on a regular basis, and at last determined to jot down down and submit, and now that it’s September, I don’t really feel so bizarre about sharing it. I began making these in July, however figured I’d maintain off on posting it, in order to look much less obsessive about fall meals…
Like all the recipes on this web site, these protein waffles are low-carb, keto-friendly and gluten-free. As an added bonus, this specific recipe additionally occurs to be coconut-free, nut-free, soy-free and bean-free typically. Plus, there are solely 5.7g of internet carbs per serving, and nearly 23g of plant protein, which is fairly thrilling should you ask me. Now, should you’re questioning concerning the pumpkin in right here, relaxation assured you’ll be able to eat pumpkin on a keto eating regimen. While it’s a bit too excessive in carbs to scarf down a complete can in a single sitting, you’ll be able to simply sneak canned pumpkin into your macros right here and there with out an excessive amount of budgeting. In reality, the canned pumpkin required for this recipe solely has about 3g of internet carbs.
Anywho, I gained’t blather on about these for too lengthy. I simply actually hope you get pleasure from them! If you make these and need to share, I really like seeing posts on instagram – simply make sure you tag @meatfreeketo within the picture itself so I’ll see it! Otherwise, it may get misplaced in a sea of notifications.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
- If you don’t need to use protein powder, here’s a recipe for pumpkin spice vegan keto waffles with out protein powder!
- Alternatively, you’ll be able to substitute the protein powder right here for an equal quantity/weight of lupin flour.
- The waffle maker I exploit is the Dash Mini-maker. I’ve been utilizing this waffle maker for years and have by no means had something persist with it. I extremely advocate it. It is wonderful. My earlier waffle iron mainly caught to all the pieces, regardless of how a lot I oiled issues up. So, I firmly imagine that the waffle iron used makes an enormous distinction.
- The syrup I like is from Lakanto. Fun reality: You can truly s
ave 20% in your order with the code MeatFreeKeto!
- I can’t stress this sufficient: learn the labels! I’ve, on multiple event, bought pumpkin pie filling as a substitute of pumpkin pie puree. Pumpkin pie filling is pre-spiced and likewise stuffed with sugar, whereas pumpkin puree is simply pureed, cooked pumpkin. Big, essential distinction.
- While I try to supply correct dietary info, your calculations might differ a bit. This is particularly true with protein powders, so make sure you learn the label fastidiously.
Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
These protein-rich, low-carb vegan keto pumpkin spice waffles are a scrumptious and simple option to begin off any fall morning!
- 1 pumpkin puree (~60g)
- 1.5 tbsp room-temp vegan butter substitute or olive oil
- 1/four cup (60ml) water or milk of alternative
- 1 scoop (~30g) vanilla protein powder (I used this one from Garden of Life)
- 1 tbsp entire psyllium husks (or 1 tsp psyllium husk powder)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- half of tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your waffle maker, in accordance with the producer’s directions and calmly grease together with your most well-liked oil, should you discover that your waffle iron is a bit sticky.
- In a small bowl, mash collectively the pumpkin, butter substitute & water with a fork till comparatively easy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the remaining substances till totally mixed.
- Stir the dry substances into the moist substances till all the pieces is evenly distributed.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes, till the psyllium gels up and the dough stiffens. You ought to be capable to scoop it, and it should not be pourable. If it’s nonetheless a bit of loose-looking, add an extra tbsp of the protein powder.
- Make waffles in accordance with your waffle maker directions. I exploit a splash waffle maker and break it up into three little waffles as a result of I like making a stack out of them. I additionally often wait till the little gentle goes off after which unplug the waffle maker and open it up, to let the waffle settle down for a minute earlier than gently eradicating it from the maker. This permits the psyllium and any sweetener current in your protein powder to arrange a bit and prevents crumbling!