Note: Hi, associates! Just a a fast reminder – a few of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn slightly money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something additional, and is a pleasant means to assist assist this web site! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Oh, whats up there, associates! How are you all doing? I’ve actually been feeling the necessity for cookies, extra particularly chocolate chip cookies. I don’t learn about you guys, however I like my chocolate chip cookies on the dense and chewy aspect with just a bit little bit of sweetness. These vegan keto chocolate chip cookies are simply that, whereas additionally being gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free.
A short while in the past, Think Eat Live despatched me a few of their Sunflour (sunflower seed flour) to attempt. They despatched some recipes alongside, however my first intuition was to attempt to make the factor I’ve been yearning for an eternity: vegan keto, chocolate chip cookies. It’s been an extended whereas since I’ve made keto chocolate chip cookies for the straightforward purpose that the earlier recipe I used contained almond flour, and I’ve since developed an almond allergy.
For these of you with almond points, you in all probability acknowledge how annoying that is. So many vegan, keto, paleo, plant paradox, grain-free, gluten-free and/or another sort of “alternative diet” recipe include almonds. It’s wild. Even peanut-butter flavored issues typically even have almonds, which, simply, why? Anyway, I digress. My level is, I used to be tremendous excited to obtain this flour as a result of it is freed from these pesky almonds, however can be utilized instead of almond flour in recipes. A complete new world is opening up!
In addition to being nut-free, soy-free and gluten-free, these cookies are coconut-free, dairy-free, egg-free and altogether grain-free. So, most meals allergy victims ought to be capable to get pleasure from them!
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- I used Sunflour for the flour, however you would additionally use almond flour or hazelnut flour (if you are able to do nuts!)
- The sweetener I like to make use of finest is from Lakanto (and you may truly save 20% in your order with the code MEATFREEKETO). I often use the Golden Sweetener for cookies, however both granulated one works completely!
- To add a bit extra taste with out including too many carbs or energy, I generally prefer to sneak in a tsp of both cinnamon or espresso powder. This brings slightly extra depth to the flavour profile with out being overwhelming.
- If you solely have psyllium husk powder, simply use 1 tsp as an alternative of the tbsp of complete husks!
- The omission of a leavening agent is on goal! I simply discovered it wasn’t tremendous crucial. These puff up a bit on their very own.
- I like to make use of Alter Eco Blackout chocolate as a result of they use ethically-sourced chocolate the doesn’t ravage the rainforest or use slave labor or baby labor (no, actually…that’s nonetheless sadly truly occurring. It’s additionally genuinely scrumptious chocolate that’s fairly low in sugar! To discover a model of moral chocolate close to you, take a look at this web site.
- I don’t advocate subbing in flax or chia for the psyllium husk. It simply produces a complete totally different texture. I shall be updating this publish as I discover extra alternate options!
- While I try to supply correct dietary data, totally different manufacturers and kinds of ingredient have differing values. So, your calculations may be barely increased or decrease.
Vegan Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C and line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively the psyllium husk and water/nondairy milk and vanilla till no clumps stay. Set this apart for about 5 minutes. A gel ought to kind that’s strong sufficient to not be pourable, however remains to be slightly squishy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir collectively the flour, sweetener and salt.
- Once the psyllium gel has arrange, dump it within the bowl with the dry substances and begin stirring. It will take a tiny little bit of effort to mix the whole lot and for the primary 10-15 seconds, it is going to appear to be these won’t ever grow to be cookies. However, I promise that a dough will kind! Keep stirring till all of the dry bits are included into the dough.
- Stir the chocolate bits into the dough.
- Divide the dough into eight equal sections. Roll every part right into a ball, and flatten right into a cookie that’s about 1cm thick.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet. These will puff up a tiny bit, however is not going to unfold, so you do not have to fret about having an excessive amount of area between the whole lot.
- Bake for round 25-30 minutes, till simply golden across the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet earlier than transferring to a cooling rack or your mouth. If you attempt to transfer them earlier than the psyllium and sweetener have cooled fully, they won’t arrange and can smush or crumble!
These chewy and barely dense vegan keto cookies are an ideal sugar-free snack. They’re gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free and surprisingly excessive in protein!