Note: Hi, mates! Just a a fast reminder – a number of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn just a little money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant approach to assist assist this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
If you comply with me on instagram in any respect, you in all probability know that I LOVE cabbage. I eat it nearly every single day in some kind or one other, however I often find yourself simply sauteing it or making my favourite crack slaw. Sometimes, although, I need one thing that feels just a little extra substantive, one thing noodle-y. A dish I actually favored again once I ate actual pasta was a very easy dish made by sauteing cabbage and noodles in butter. This is my gluten-free, vegan, paleo and keto tackle that very meal.
This dish is very easy to make, however is sort of filling and makes for some beautiful vegan keto consolation meals, particularly on a cold fall/winter/spring day.
To make this keto noodles and cabbage dish, you want the next:
- inexperienced/white cabbage
- shirataki noodles (or zucchini noodles)
- vegan buttery unfold (the one I exploit is from my cookbook!)
- dietary yeast
- salt & pepper
- recent dill
The fundamental concept is that you simply slice the cabbage actually thinly and saute it with the cabbage within the butter unfold. Then, combine within the dietary yeast, season as you want and garnish with some chopped recent dill. It’s tremendous simple to make, however actually scrumptious.
This can be a dish that may be simply tailored. I typically like so as to add in hemp seeds for protein and mushrooms for some added taste and vitamin, however you may add in no matter greens fit your fancy.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Buttery Noodles & Cabbage (gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free)
- I exploit the buttery unfold from my cookbook, which is complete foods-based. You also can purchase complete foods-based spreads from manufacturers like Miyoko’s Kitchen or simply use your favourite vegan butter substitute. They ought to all work!
- I wish to serve this with some sauerkraut blended in, and also will add a tbsp or two of hemp seeds.
- If you need to make this a extra filling meal, you possibly can combine in as much as four tbsp of hemp seeds or toss some baked tofu on high for added fat and protein.
- If shirataki noodles aren’t your factor, you need to use zucchini noodles (or your favourite veggie noodles) as a substitute. Because zucchini noodles can’t take the warmth so long as shirataki noodles, I’d suggest throwing them in on the finish, after the cabbage is totally cooked and sauteing for one more minute or two till they attain the feel you’re after!
- The dietary yeast right here offers a number of the buttery taste in addition to protein and a bunch of B nutritional vitamins. Neither brewer’s yeast nor common baker’s yeast can be utilized right here as a substitute. If you don’t have dietary yeast, you possibly can simply depart it out.
- If you don’t have recent dill, you may use dried as a substitute, simply you should definitely add it in whereas all the things continues to be cooking, so the flavour spreads all through the entire dish!
- While I try to supply correct dietary info, there are a lot of manufacturers and varieties of the identical ingredient with differing dietary values, so your calculations could fluctuate!
Vegan Keto Buttery Noodles & Cabbage (gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free)
This wealthy and buttery-tasting, gluten-free, vegan keto noodles and cabbage dish is nutritionally-dense and deliciously warming consolation meals.
- 2 tbsp vegan buttery unfold
- eight oz (225g) thinly sliced inexperienced/white cabbage
- 1 8oz (225g) bag of shirataki noodles
- 1/four cup (20g) dietary yeast
- salt & pepper to style
- 2 tbsp chopped recent dill
- Drain and rinse the noodles totally.
- In a big frying pan, saute the cabbage and noodles within the buttery unfold till the cabbage is completely smooth and the surplus liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the warmth and stir within the dietary yeast. Salt and pepper to style.
- Divide between two plates, garnish with recent dill and revel in!