Spring is within the air, and I’m feeling so energized recently and simply craving shiny flavors and nutrient-dense meals. This consists of nourishing drinks with loads of liver help, antioxidants and taste, like this low carb vegan spring superfood latte, which options hibiscus tea, macadamia nuts and a few of my favourite superfood powders.
As I’ve talked about earlier than, I are likely to impulse-buy powders and dietary supplements when they’re on sale (or on clearance), and so my pantry tends to change into a bit full. When I posted about this on instagram, so lots of you advised me that you’ve this identical downside. So, within the curiosity of not losing the powders all of us purchase, I believed I’d begin posting some recipes utilizing them.
Typically, I make this hibiscus tea latte for myself once I’m on my interval. As a few of you could know, I’ve endometriosis, and a vegan keto weight-reduction plan has helped tremendously in assuaging the signs. This superfood latte is filled with components which have demonstrated the flexibility to assist steadiness estrogen and I attempt to incorporate it into my day within the days main as much as my interval, in addition to by my interval. Does it really assist alleviate signs? Honestly, I don’t know. But, it tastes actually good and feels actually soothing to drink.
The components on this caffeine-free natural tea latte all serve a goal:
- Macadamia nuts – Not solely do the macadamia nuts make this latte clean and creamy, however the fat assist to maintain you satiated. Macadamia nuts specifically are additionally low in pro-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids.
- Beet root powder – Beets have lengthy been used medicinally for liver help, and research at the moment are displaying that betacyanin (the antioxidant that provides beets their coloration) has highly effective anti-cancer results as effectively.
- Maca powder – Shown to have many advantages for ladies’s hormones and might enhance libido and intercourse hormone features.
- Hibiscus tea – hibiscus is loaded with antioxidants and can be thought to assist alleviate menstrual ache
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Spring Superfood Latte
- For the smoothest latte, soak the macadamia nuts forward of time (both in a single day in room temp water or for round 30 minutes in near-boiling water)
- If you don’t have maca powder available, 1/four tsp recent grated ginger is a superb addition as an alternative. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and has been proven to assist support in circulation.
- The macadamia nuts will be changed by cashews or sunflower seeds for the same impact. If you need to use almonds, pepitas or hemp seeds, they’ll have to be blended individually with the new water after which strained at the start is mixed for a clean texture.
- This latte is caffeine-free, however when you’d like so as to add slightly kick, inexperienced tea is a beautiful companion to the hibiscus. So, both use a cup of brewed inexperienced tea to mix in with the hibiscus elixir packet, steep the hibiscus and inexperienced tea collectively, or simply add in a inexperienced tea powder packet to the blender with every part else.
- Please understand that completely different manufacturers and kinds of ingredient have completely different dietary values. So, whereas I attempt to offer correct dietary info, your calculations could differ.
Low Carb Vegan Spring Superfood Latte
This sugar-free natural tea latte is calming, scrumptious and stuffed with antioxidants!
- 2 tbsp (15g) uncooked macadamia nuts, soaked (see notice)
- 1 packet Pique Hibiscus Beauty Elixir in 8oz (240ml) near-boiling water, or 8oz (240ml) brewed hibiscus tea
- 1/four tsp beetroot powder
- 1/four tsp maca powder
- 5-10 drops of liquid stevia (non-obligatory)
- Combine all components in a high-powered blender and mix till clean. This is less complicated if the macadamia nuts have soaked, as per the notes.
Soak the macadamia nuts as follows: in a single day in room temperature water, or for 30 minutes in near-boiling water.