Note: Hi, associates! Just a a fast reminder – a number of the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn a bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something further, and is a pleasant manner to assist help this website! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Even although this February is likely one of the warmest on file right here in MA, it’s nonetheless chilly sufficient to warrant making a brand new batch of soup each week (not less than!). The one I’ve been making continuous this month is a peanut butter soup that depends on Thai crimson curry paste for the remainder of the flavour. This low carb vegan peanut butter crimson curry soup is very easy to make (particularly in an instant pot!), filling and scrumptious, so I hope that you just get pleasure from it as a lot as I do!
One of the issues that stops me from making quite a lot of recipes both in cookbooks or on-line is seeing an inventory of 20 elements, half of which I don’t personal and for which I’ll seemingly by no means discover one other use. So, like with many of the recipes right here, I’ve tried to make use of as few elements as doable to nonetheless create one thing tasty, so we each don’t should go bankrupt to make dinner! In line with that, this recipe solely wants the next:
- peanut butter
- Thai crimson curry paste
- vegetable broth
- sprouted tofu
- cauliflower and/or broccoli
If you don’t like these greens, you may actually use no matter you need. You additionally don’t have so as to add the mushrooms, if you happen to don’t like them. While not essential, I do like so as to add some garnish, however that may actually be no matter you are feeling will go properly with this. There’s no rule about what so as to add, it’s simply based mostly by yourself preferences. Some garnishes I like so as to add (although not unexpectedly) are:
- lime zest and/or juice
- chopped peanuts
- crimson pepper flakes
You’ll see within the photos that I’ve added scallions and peanuts to the highest of those, in addition to lime juice (although that’s not likely seen). This is often what I add to dishes made with crimson curry paste, as I at all times have these items available.
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Peanut Red Curry Soup
- The curry paste I take advantage of is the one from Thai Kitchen. And sure, I did purchase it within the big dimension, as a result of I really use it fairly typically. This one is vegan, however there are undoubtedly some on the market that aren’t, so checking labels is a good suggestion!
- I take advantage of sprouted tofu for two causes: it’s simpler on my digestive system and decrease in carbs. The one I purchase is named Wildwood, however you can even get one from Trader Joe’s.
- I prefer to eat this curry as-is, nevertheless it’s additionally nice over cauli-rice!
- This recipe makes Three servings, however can very simply be doubled. 🙂
- I’ve made this with each contemporary and frozen greens. Both work nice!
- If you possibly can’t eat soy, hemp tofu is an efficient choice. You might additionally use no matter meat substitute you need right here.
- If you possibly can’t eat peanut butter, you may use sunflower seed butter, almond butter and even soy nut butter right here. Just be sure you examine the label for added sugar!
- I say “2-3 minutes” right here as a result of regardless that the timing is a bit totally different, that further minute is a LOT. If you need the greens to be barely “al dente,” go along with 2 minutes. At Three minutes, they’re mush, however the tofu is barely firmer. I’d advocate attempting at 2 minutes first, as a result of you possibly can at all times warmth it a bit longer within the IP.
- If you don’t have an instant pot, simply simmer all the elements collectively in a lined pot for about 20 minutes, till the greens have softened a bit. Be certain to stir it in order that the curry paste and peanut butter totally combine.
- While I try to supply correct vitamin data, totally different manufacturers have totally different nutrient values, so your calculations could fluctuate!
Low Carb Vegan Peanut Butter Red Curry Soup (gluten-free, instant pot recipe)
This warming soup is tremendous straightforward to make in your instant pot, wealthy in protein and scrumptious! It’s additionally gluten-free and simply adaptable to accommodate allergic reactions.
- 1/four cup (64g) peanut butter
- 1/four cup (60g) Thai crimson curry paste
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- ~8oz/225g tofu
- 1 cup (100g) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (200g) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (70g) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Optional garnish: crushed peanuts, scallions, basil, parsley, lime juice/zest, crimson pepper flakes
- Mix the peanut butter, curry paste and broth within the IP and set to “saute.” Heat and stir till every thing is mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Add within the remaining elements, cowl and strain prepare dinner on excessive for 2-Three minutes (see notes).
- De-pressurize utilizing both the “natural” or “hybrid” technique. I often use the hybrid technique – let sit for about 10 minutes, then open the valve and launch the remaining strain.
- Garnish and serve!
Cooking for two minutes leaves the veggies extra intact, whereas at Three minutes they’re fairly gentle. The tofu is a bit chewier at Three minutes, although.